View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 07:48 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind

I wonder how to calculate the CFM potential of the 26mm diameter. It would be helpful to know if the 26mm carb can properly feed a 200cc engine throughout the rpm range, assuming 85% VE. Anybody know?
I will have to measure my Mikuni performance carb for the actual diameter, if it is 30mm as stated then i can't see a 26mm making more power.
Anthony have you made sure that your GY6 carb is jetted properly for your engine? If it came jetted for a 150cc then you may find you think you are getting way more power but it might just be caused by a lean condition and your engine won't tolerate that for long.

I know on my PZ30 Mikuni carb, by adding the UNI filter, CDI and the Monster Performance exhuast i've had to jet up 4 sizes on the main and i'm still waiting for the bigger pilot jets to come in as these mods have demanded the need for more fuel, yeah it made tons of power when i first put the carb on but i could hear it in the exhaust note and the engine sounds that it was way too lean.

Make sure you do a spark plug check to make sure your jetted properly, this can only be done with a wide open run and then killing the ignition, then reading the plug.