View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 12:56 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
That's really tempting.

Is that a rad hose that you're using for an intake tube? What else secures the carb? What size is the GY6 carb you're using?
to start yes it it a rad hose, i cut the stock intake manifold and slip the rad house over it. i also made a braket the holds the carb at the same place as the throttle cable. i also had to modified the throttle cable on the carb side. the carb itself is 150cc gy6, it is stamp kf on the side and is made in japan, air/fuel side is 26mm and air filter side 43mm.

for now i just got the stock exhaust (i modified it for more flow), gio performance cdi and Iridium spark plug. it runs amazing, it has so much more power. i am still running with no filter on the carb because my new filter did not come in.

the reason you get more performance with the gy6 carb is because of the remove of the gio intake manifold. the oem intake manifold is very restricted because the air/fuel must go up and then in to the engine. with the gy6 carb it is direct so the is no restricted the air/fuel is sent straight to the motor. so this is why a 26mm gy6 carb give you more power on your 200cc

next mod will be a full line exhaust in stainless steel with a 150cc pitbike exhaust.

sorry to go a bit off topic but is the rear shock on a gio beast 11" eye to eye ?????