Thread: uk army
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 12:14 AM   #5

When I was around 12 thru 14 years old I worked at a Golf Course picking up balls on the driving range. We had a Harley Golf Cart with some rusted out muffler on it. The Harley guys today would of been proud becuase that thing was darn loud and we got several complaints from the golfers.

That MT350 looks nice. Harley's made some pretty cool looking military bikes over the years that I've seen pop up on craigslist and ebay. I wish they would produce them for the public, however without the ridiculous 15 to 25k price tag or poor reliability. They also had awesome looking road racebike in the early 90's that I wish they would of made realistic to buy. I believe you could buy one but it was something like 50k which was almost twice the price of a Corvette during the time and I don't think it was street legal. I had a Buell XB-9 for a couple years and it was a perfect bike for flogging around traffic in the inner city and had some really neat features. However, it was constantly in the shop for factory defects like bad sensors or chaffing wires and I had to replace clutches and drive belts twice as fast as I would on my Japanese sportbikes