Thread: BC Politics?
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 03:01 PM   #7

I've developed a large apathy towards politics as I've 'matured' into higher income and family life than I had been when in my early 20's.

I have just found that no matter what party is in power, what changes they decide to make, or what voter group they predominetly serve, it isn't me.

I'm not poor, don't need to use many social services or have any special needs which political parties love to throw around as being helpful. On the flip side, I'm not rich, see very little in the way of any break or 'help' to grow my business or see more profits.

I fall in the middle. If a party lowers taxes, I see very little of it, if they raise them it goes up very little.. it's really a wash for me and I'm starting to just not care.

It's easy to yell and scream about Campbell, but we had a virtual criminal in there before from the other guys, pissing money about and being a genuine ass. He ran his party into oblivion and they still can't recover from it. Campbell is aided by this and the fact nobody like the other gal either. She's just plain annoying.

I think they are all the same, and while we credit ourselves as a democracy, average citizens like myself and many others just don't have any power to fight the special interest groups, the unions and big business. Politics is just a big game.