Thread: BC Politics?
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 12:05 AM   #1

BC Politics?

Lot's of BC members now, just curious how everyone feels about the way our province is being run?

I think it is a real sad thing that we have a leader who likely would not be in power had he run his campaign honestly. The win also aided by the ever lasting distrust of the only other real option.

When did politicians lose the need for any kind of accountability?

We have so many examples from him, I will admit though I am not an expert and I don't keep an eye on politics all the time, usually because I can be happier if I ignore it.

Some of the things that come to mind when thinking of our leader are
-his driving while impaired conviction while in power as the premiere of this province
-his unconstitutional gag law that was nerfed by our courts
-in a time of recession, and cutbacks to healthcare services, education, and so many other things, wasting the resources (tax payer money) to appeal said unconstitutional gag law
-"a harmonized GST is not something that is contemplated in the B.C. Liberal platform"
-post election sneaking in the hst on the friday of a long weekend
-bc rail / emails?
-promised a MAX $495m defecit ( :roll: )
-BC has worst job loss in Canada
-Lowest minimum wage, high cost of living
-worst child poverty rate in Canada
-fail to deal with striking paramedics, remedied by legislation back to work
-cuts to surgeries for BC patients, while planning to sell surgeries to other provinces
-The "carbon tax" gas tax
-Took B.C.’s economy to second-worst in Canada last year.

And on and on...

I know Campbell likes to play the "remember the ndp" card... But I really think this guy is soiling the name of the BC liberals.

Granted, I know people will disagree with me, and I have already stated I am not an expert, but this is my opinion on the matter as far as I understand it.