View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 10:00 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICRider
Oh! I meant to ask too, you said your current setup is one and a quarter turns on the mixture screw? Did you perhaps count how many turns it was out originally? I have only adjusted the idle so far but was wondering what the factory setting was on the Mik. Little harder to get to the mix screw on the Mik too, on the factory one I could turn it with my fingers if I contorted a bit...

Regards,
Stew
I dont remember, BUT it came with a blue locating mark and was almost sitting flush. If you have the carb out of the bike it would be easy to turn it all the way in, then count the turns til the blue paint mark lines up again.

i could not get mine adjusted (Mikuni) with a long screwdriver from underneath. Too much frame crap in the way.

I used a 3" small slot....got it in with my left hand and held it, changed position, snuck my right hand in and adjusted it. there is a certain way to get at it and once you do it a few times its easy. remembering how is the tough part
EDIT: I think the stock carb was an air screw located at the rear of the carb where the Mikuni is a fuewl screw located at the front, maybe thats why i couldnt get at it.