View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 10:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejcycles
Hey Net

Good deal, Looks like at few other knock off but nice for a simple starter quad!
Wonder where it came from because they didn't have one that looked like that at the Dealer Expo.??? They had very little at the show...not that this is a bad thing the show is Super Expensive to display items at.

Bruce
I have spoken with the company reps, and they are very difficult to understand. Bruce, did Tom introduce himself, or you, to the reps?

New England, Tom from RPM carries some of the Hi-Birds, or maybe just the enduros they have, which seem to be either replicas of the Lifan LF200GY-2 (kinda an irony, huh?), or are built under some sort of licensing deal with Lifan. I think I had mentioned on another thread, I was bored one night and Googled Hi-Bird, and tracked them to the (possibly) corporate owner called Hi-Bird Flamingo (they really are for the birds, pun intended :roll: ) and of the dozens of enduros they showed, they had the LIfan GY-5 and Lifan GY-6 as their own (they had just seemed to lift the photos right from Lifan's corporate Chinese site). So, either they are blantantly misleading all of us, which wouldn't surprise me, or they are making Lifan's bikes under some sort of cooperative deal. To further confuse all of us, they have a US headquarters in OK City, and as Bruce mentioned, they had a presence at the Indy show, so how they can blatantly rip off Lifan is very interesting to say the least!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard