View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 01:53 PM   #41

My memory is foggy, but for a short while I had a Norton as well...I think it was a 650, did they make a 650 Commando? I dont remember.

I never had it on the street, just rode it around the farm I was living on at the time.

The DTR on bikes helped a lot, but I still think motorists dont "see" bikes like they see cars and trucks.

In thier brains they are looking for a car or truck coming down the road and bikes dont register.

Of course my opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it

Glad you still enjoy riding on the street, as we both know it can be very, very rewarding.

EDIT: I know we cant live our lives in a constant state of fear for the "what if" factor...but imagine a chunk of glass had of sliced your femoral open as you were going through...18 seconds later you are gone. You might have enough time left to stand up and go "HA! nothing broken" then just fall over.

I have rolled a 70 Chevelle 396 at 100+ and came out with a headache...drove in to a tree with a Pinto at 35 and had half my face rebuilt...cheek..orbital...nose flattened on left cheek. etc.

Funny how life works.