View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 10:39 PM   #8

Quick Update: Change of plans....Assemble-Adjust-Complete-Oil-Start, then tear down tommorow and reassemble.

So Far: Perfect and I mean perfect...steering centered, brakes needed NO adjustment as of yet...Batt was good to go after adding acid....let it sit 15 minutes then put charger on it (2 AMP!!)...charger immediatly read 75% and shut off in about 30 mins...All cotter pins engaging nuts properly...steering bushings crimped in nicely (Hi Weldangrind!!)....

Now look, i understand things are going too well...i suppose it will have a spun bearing on start up, but even the blind squirell gets lucky and finds a nut every now and then right?

One flat tire...hit it with 24psi for the bead...its been good for 3 hours so far.

QUESTION: I notice the tabs/ears for the upper A arms have been bent in due to overtightening but there is still longitudinal slop there...whats the opinion on a few spacers to eliminate that slop and put the ears back at 90 degrees for proper tightening..

I have been taking pics....

later

Pete
EDIT: I have a drain plug!! yay...too bad the skid plate access hole is an inch out of place..LOL