View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 11:40 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ200cc
I tried painting a palstic tank, Once the temps got into the high 80's it looked like it got some kind of disease. Bumps everywhere :( And I did a perfect prep..Used to work at a body shop. The paint cannot breath..Until they make one that can it will not look good for long....And the older the tank the worse it will be. And the Fusion may claim to be able to flex with the plastic but it has it's breaking point. Again I know from a mistake. My Nephew who is an idiot hit a car with the quad..Not hard but enough to bend the plastic...The paint cracked just like any other paint would. Sure it did not flake like the others but it will not handle the stresses these plastics take.

My 2 cents
I am sure you are correct, AZ. Color molded into the plastic is undoubtedly superior. However, my Zong's fender is fabricated from clear plastic, painted orange. Therefore, I have nothing to lose by repainting this fender.

Quite frankly, I am amazed how well my Zong's fender has withstood the abuse from mud and rocks. I wonder what paint the Chinese used? :?:

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894