View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 04:04 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal25
My eye's are not great. The yelow is fine despite the shade difference, It just did not seem to fit well. The yelow tank would look pretty good, but thats much more work than leaving the tank Black...
Thank you for your feedback, Cal. I have been properly warned not to paint the plastic Clarke fuel tank. Indeed, I prefer the black fuel tank. However, a yellow fuel tank is also available for those who prefer that color.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal25
...I think the KTM orange would be the best choice for durability. You could just paint the outside surface and leave the undersides of the fenders the factory finish. No worry of chipping panit from rocks and mud.
Surprisingly, the Zong fender is constructed of clear plastic, with a painted finish. Nevertheless, the painted underside of my fender has not been chipped, either by rocks, or mud. However, you make another good point. The durability of the finish could only be enhanced by sticking with the KTM orange color. Indeed, I like the orange color very much. However, I must admit, I also like the appearance of the red and black Zong.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894