View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 01:53 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRider
…That tank look's nice , I am interested to see it on. Look's like it will be a very easy install, do you think you will even need to modify anything?…
Well, I hope it will be an easy install. I will need to modify the Zong’s rubber fuel tank bumpers, and extend the metal mounting plate provided by Clarke. I definitely will not modify the fuel tank in any way. If I don’t like the results, and the tank is unmodified, I can return the tank for a refund. My main concern is esthetics; I want the Clarke tank to merge properly with the Zong seat and side plastics.
Quote:
…Also, just something to note, I would never advise you to paint that clarke tank. Any motorcycle tanks other than metal, actually very slightly expands and contracts in heat/cold and vapors are constantly being released through the polycarbonate plastic. I have seen many, many (to many ) people try and paint those, they always look good at first, but in a month or two no matter what you do it will be flaking off in chunks…
Duly noted, DR. I do not plan to paint the Clarke fuel tank; therefore, I wish to purchase the proper color at the beginning.
Quote:
…I looked at Clarke's website and it says you can order them in special color's as well at no extra charge, just no returning it if you do not like it, just thought I would mention this. link-->http://www.clarkemfg.com/faqs.htm…
Thank you for the great tip! However, I might return the fuel tank, and I think they will not accept orange as a standard color for a Yamaha. Also, I doubt they would come up with a good match for the Zong orange.
Quote:
…I would be more than happy to paint whatever you have. I have a lot going on right now though and am booked solid for qwite a'while right now. Maybe through this fall/winter ? Also, since we are close enough, I would prefer to ship nothing as thing's could get damaged. PM me to discuss this further if you are interested.
I’m sorry. I can now see you were responding to Doc’s inquiry. If you are not too busy this Fall/Winter, would you consider painting my Zong fuel tank orange? I know you would do a superb job. If the fuel tank is cushioned in bubble wrap, I think it could make the trip from the Tri-Cities to Eastern Idaho without damage.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894