View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 11:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
I have the throttle limiter right in but it doesn't give quite enough torque on takeoff so i think i'll CNC out a new gear about 2 or 3 teeth bigger which will help takeoff and limit the speed better.
You caught my attention with that comment. When you say "CNC out a new gear", which gear are you referring to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
Removing the oil was a pain as the drain plug cannot be removed without removing the foot rest support, i tried taking out that springloaded plug but hardly any oil came out, i ended up removing the dipstick and turning the quad on it's side, not too much oil cam out but i put just over 1/2 L back in so i think it will be ok.
Is the frame under the drain plug a solid welded piece, or is it removable? Could the frame be easily modified to create a free space for the drain plug? Could an existing frame tube be "formed" to clear the drain plug?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer