View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 11:15 PM   #4

I have a 150cc quad. The front end has always been loose, and loosened some more as it wore in. It seems to have reached a point where it isn't worsening anymore, but I'm keeping an eye on it. It doesn't seem to affect the handling at all at the speeds I drive. I have a speedometer which records the top speed during every trip. The fastest I've ever gone is 27 MPH. I don't think I want to go 40+ MPH on my quad, and certainly not in rough terrain.

The other thing I notice is that the front wheels toe out rather severely as the suspension compresses. I think this is far worse for handling in rough situations than mere looseness.

Bottom line is if your going to push the limits, the limit line is much higher on higher end machines. If your like me and only putt around enjoying the scenery then a little looseness is not a problem. I have to say, though, next time I'm shopping for a quad I'm going to be much more savvy. I'm going to look much more carefully at stability and suspension issues when choosing which quad I'm going to buy.