Thread: Chinabike ATV?
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 02:26 PM   #8

That looks like a nice bike. Did you check the dimensions to make sure it's big enough for you? (The 125's are usually not full-size).

Don't think there'd be anywhere to fit a car battery. I don't think it'd be a problem otherwise though...as it would offer a lot of storage capacity, and yet no more juice would go through the wiring than the system would normally draw.

Battery on that bike should be under the seat, in a little molded-in well in which it just barely fits with barely a millimeter to spare. (Some have them above the left rear wheel in a steel frame with a plastic cover...but I don't see that on this one).

Yes....these bikes do charge.....but the batteries are pretty small, and the charging system is minimal. And yes, most do have a fuse.

These bikes are good if you're just looking for a cheap ride, and not planning on riding hard. I use mine almost every day just for transpoirtation/light work around the farm, and they serve me well.

As far as modding though.....these bikes do not offer all the aftermarket parts like they have for ther Jap bikes- and they are pretty "minimal"- i.e. anything you do, like adding a lot of electrical accessories, etc. will generally require a lot of ancillary mods for which parts probably don't exist and may or may not be modifieable for.

If you were just going to use the bike "as is" I'd say go for it...but if you're wanting to do a lot of fancy mods (other than the most basic things like a better exhaust or carb) you might be better served by a used Jap bike, for which replacement and aftermarket parts are readily available, and which are tougher and can more easily handle extra strains.

For what you intend to do, you'll end up putting a lot of time and money into this bike, and probably not have what you are looking for. Although it is hard to go wrong, when you can probably get that baby for around US$700-$800. And the Jap bikes aren't "all that", especially when they';re used and beat.