View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 02:09 AM   #13

I'm not sure which bushing you are meaning here..

There does seem to be some sort of spacer between the lower spring arm and the sprocket on mine, which doesn't show up well on yours. This would move the sprocket location more in alignment with the drive/front sprocket. Please note I did not remove the axel at all. It came the way you see in the pictures, and I just installed the spacer tubes and the wheels. Yours came broken which has caused you this grief.

The reason we are mentionin the chain adjustment is if one side is further in than the other, in the case of yours in the pictures, the right rear wheel will pull closer to the front wheel, and the left rear will pull away from the front. This would tip your axel and cause the chain to be out of alignment. However it does look like you may need something there to push the sprocket over more, perhaps this bushing you're talking about.

A good indicator here is also the amount of thread exposed beyond your wheel nut. In a perfect world the end of that nut should just cover the last threads, so when you put the cotter pin in, it rests inside the slots to stop it from loosening. It looks like you have a good 1/4 - 1/2inch of thread exposed. If you have a spacer/bushing you think needs to go in, it would make up the difference you have there and will probably align your sprockets better.