View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 12:11 PM   #2

When I was dealing 'em, I didn't have a dealer's license. Had I had a dealer's license, I could have done all the paperwork no problem. But, I had to get Diamo to sign the Application for Title in Texas, wasn't a big deal, took a couple of days in the mail. I could put it in my name no problem cause there is no dealer, got it straight off Diamo and all I have to do is take it to the tax office and transfer it to my name. I then can sell it to someone else. But, you're only allowed 4 titles per year to do it that way.

I could have gotten a dealer license in Texas, would have required setting up an office in a portable building with a separate land phone line, not something I was willing to do unless the profits were there and they weren't, not enough to go full time with. I've settled on small engine repair now as my cash cow. Easy work, air conditioned shop, not a lot of bikes sitting around, no storage woes, and there are one HECK of a lot more lawnmowers in this town than motorcycles! I keep getting asked about parts. If it continues to build, I could buy that portable building after all and install shelving for parts, but that's down the road. I can get about anything I need at a local auto parts store or on the internet. Ain't making any parts profit, but not a real problem. I get enough labor to not worry about parts profits.