Thread: Disappeared
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 03:46 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurkia
I am kinda split. I really like 99% of the new stuff they have put on the KLR in the last two years, but I think the new front fairing looks too bulky for an offroad bike compared to the older models. After the new wears off I may go with a more stripped down streetfighter look for the front head light assembly. and a new corbin dished seat. stock seat gets a little rough after the first few miles of a long trip.
I looked at the new KLR's.. thought hard about getting one and decided against it. I figured the first time you dropped one offroad the fairing would be toast. But then I went for a ride that included a guy on an '08.... he dropped the thing several times in some pretty rough stuff... didn't hurt it at all (but he does have the guards on it.). I'd leave the fairing on it, they are really not pretty without it and are really nice on the interstate.

Oh, and do the doo! That guy I ride with? 1500 miles and the doohickey broke. Usually it's not too bad, but his destroyed the engine. Busted the case and all. Fortunately the warranty covered his, but for $50 it's good insurance.