View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 05:43 AM   #5

All I heard on the price point was it would be somewhere between 1/4-1/3 of a small compact car so that leaves it pretty much up in the air right now.

They were talking about it on the radio and the spokesman was saying that eventually he'd like to see a seperate lane just for these.
I thought "what a waste" but I suppose the prez will get on board with these since he leans that way.

The thing is useless to me here with winter I'd be better off driving most any compact car before that.

As far as an electric car goes I'd drive around town and to work if it was affordable(4K max), comfortable(heat is a must-AC isn't) and safe enough(not likely) and only needed to be charged once a week and it wouldnt have to go over 50mph.
I drive about 70 miles a week to work total so an electric could work if it had a range of 100 miles a charge.

I myself am not willing to spend a lot of money on a vehicle that is limited on use that I use to commute with.(yeah yeah yeah my motorcyles,atv's and boat are for recreation )