View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 05:40 PM   #28

I'm a little late to the thread, but congrats on the new ride and super-sweet deal!

Sorry for the barrage of questions, but...

How many miles are on her?
What rear tire is on there now? The front looks like my Perelli Sport Demon, from what I could see...which is a good tire, IMO.
Have you looked over the FAQ section at the 250 Riders Club site?
Do you know what sprockets are on the bike? Are they stock?

A lot of people swap out the front sprocket before the rear, which is not as easy to spot. I think the stock gearing is 14/45. I have a new set of 15/44 sprockets (and a chain) for mine that I have not yet put on, so my bike has stock gearing and generally runs 6500 rpms at 55mph. And it stays in that range of 1000 over....7500 at 65mph, 8500 at 75mph. Not exact, but pretty close most of the time. If yours is not close to that, I'd guess that you don't have the stock gearing.

Are you addicted to it yet?

What tires are you looking to put on? I have a new BT45 ready to replace my Sport Demon rear. I ordered the Perelli's online, but the BT I ordered through a local guy for less than $80, and paid him another $10 to mount it on a spare wheel. He has a tire machine in his garage. 8)

I also ordered the sprocket and chain from him at the same time and saved about $70 overall, compared to online pricing. I guess my point is to not rule out a local independant, and to try to get to know as many local riders as possible.

If you have any questions, need anything or want to hook up for a ride, just hit me up.

Edit: I forgot to mention that most speedo's are off by a liitle...maybe 3-5%.Generally...100 on the speedo is really only about 95mph. Just a reminder.
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project