View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 08:37 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal_Diver
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentuckyDonkey
when I think of how much the big-name bikes cost (and they're by no means perfect), I'm willing to go through a little hassle, 'cause if it weren't for these China cheapies...I wouldn't be riding!
That, is the key to happiness when it comes to buying expensive toys on the extreme cheap...... Nicley put. :wink:
Heh, ya know, I stopped by a motorcicle shop today to pick up a fuel filter for the Vbike, and of course, they make you walk all the way past all the new shiny Jap motorcicles and 4-wheelers to get to the parts counter. And ya know what? After seeing all them new expensive Jap bikes, I'm thinking "they don't have a thing on my v4sw!".

Instead of walking out of there envying the Jap bikes....I came out thinking "What suckers, paying all that money...if only they knew that some of the Chinx have really improved their quality lately!".

I came home to my Vbike, and I truly think I like it better than anything I saw at the dealer!

And I'll tell ya, my bike really earned it's keep today! I had a new calf born yesterday and one today- but one of them appeared to be MIA. So I used the Vbike to go looking for it- In looking for yesterday's calf, I discovered that today's calf had fallen into a sinkhole/ravine- about 8 feet deep. So I had to ride home and get my extension ladder...ride back to the ravine- get the calf out, and then went looking for yesterday's calf again...which I eventually found- safe and sound (it's mother had found it first!).

If I hadn't have gotten this bike...I'd still be out thetre walking around...and might never have found the calf in the ravine, and it would have died.

(At least now I can truly justify buying this thing as a "tool" instead of a toy! -I'm a bachelor....but I'm tighter than I imagine any of your wives might be!)