View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 10:09 AM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to RPM
Again, I will say that there are many products represented by many companies out there that will do anything to get your dollar. Any thing including adding a drive shaft to the line for a selling point. You can even find a small 110 atv with a drive shaft and automatic trans., but ain't worth $500.00 judging from the other dealers that I have spoken to about them. Some u-joints are weak and poorly built and when they spread and slip apart, you will have to purchase a whole gearbox with the drive shaft attached to fix it. My personal experience! Why they can't make all joints that is replacable without having to replace all the components is beyond me, unless they like selling as many parts as possible? Maybe? Looks like it is the quickest means to alter the drive train on the assembly line. Again, it is a selling point.

You just have to be carefull with the product you choose and do some research. Bruce and I will do what we can to answer questions.

Chains are good and are easy to adjust and replace. Driveshafts last longer with less maintenence. I prefer the shafts myself. My suggestion to you is to try to find one to look over before committing to a sale. So many different models and they do not all use the same quality. They will make whatever the importer ask from them. The better quality products will cost you a little more, they are not all the same.