View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 09:14 PM   #6

Thanks again for the info.

I think I read on the Garmin site that the unit I plan to use pulls 11w.
I think I'm going to buy this - http://www.signaldynamics.com/products/Modules/HUVM.asp
It should be easy to tuck away on the Lifan and provide a little peace of mind.

Tire sizes are confusing to me. I have not looked at what is currently on the bike, but looking at the "Parts, Parts, Parts" thread I took down the sizes and went looking.

I do not see a Duro in the sizes listed for our bike (at americanmototire), so I'm curious to know if you selected a similar size, converted it into the other measurement instead of 110/90 (or 120/90) listed? Or if maybe they just don't have our size listed right now?

I haven't even looked at the front tires yet. I know a lot of TAT riders go with a set of Dunlop 606's (I think that's right). I think a 50/50 or 60/40 should be fine...but I'm open to a more agressive dirt tire. I kinda like the Perelli Scorpion.

I may have not explained the lighting thing well. I didn't mean it dims as the rpm's increase, I mean that it gets brighter. It could have simply been the battery being low, but it is something I want to eliminate if possible.

I'm considering this headlight from Acerbis - http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...d=11402&mmyId=

But, as I understand it, the dimming problem is from voltage flux which a new light won't fix. A new light may produce more light and a better pattern, but I'm guessing I'll have address the dimming issue by wiring it off the battery, correct?

Any help in that department would be appreciated. If I can get away w/ just some rewiring and a better bulb I'll likely do that.

The rider list is up to 8 so far. Still plenty of time for others to jump in on the fun!

The dates are based around the Memorial Day weekend, allowing most riders to use the extra time off to keep the vacation time in check. Check your calendar and get the "honey do" list complete...then join me for a long ride.

C'mon...you know you want to go! 8)
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project