View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 11:59 PM   #21

Today I got it all together, checked over everything and tested the electrical circuits. I had not changed the oil or even given any thought of trying to start it, but I did want to try the starter circuit. After thinking it could not hurt anything I hit the start button for a instant, it worked, but it also started. I had not even put gas in the tank and I quickly shut it off. It sounded good. I did not expect that. I had smelled the inside of the gas tank and it had never had gas it it. I did figure out they must test it by connecting it to a fuel supply line rather than using the tank. Tomorrow I have some things to do but I will get some 91 octane gas and try it after I change the oil. I will list a couple problems in a few days but I am very impressed with this bike. I will have to hold off on much more evaluation until I get a chance to ride it and that will be a while, I am afraid. It looks great, it is just my size, I am 66 inches tall. I am going to the Honda dealer tomorrow and compare it to the rebel, it is similar. I'm going out to sit on it for a bit!