Old 01-07-2009, 03:10 AM   #19

Re: 163 FML cylinder head

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobberjohn
Anyone know where I could purchase a new
or used (no cracks!) Lifan 163 FML head? Looking
to do a full port job, and still want to keep my
low mile stocker as a backup.
I have a complete new untouched 163fml head I'd sell. It was a very tough item to acquire. I took the head to George Shear of Total Concept Racing Engines to evaluate. George has 49 National Championships with his engines in the last 27 years and while he is not completely familiar with the Lifan based engines this was his evaluation.

If you slotted he bolts on the intake to line up better with the head you could "lightly" remove enough material to port match the head to the intake.

You could polish the intake runner. But if you try a full port job and grind on the runner walls you will most certainly bust through. The intake walls are paper thin and probably 2mm or less thickness.

He thought he could get a little better performance out of it but without modifications to the rotating assembly it would not be enough to make it worthwhile.

My plan was to go ahead and polish the intake and slot the intake... but I've got so many projects right now with these bikes I havent had the time. I'd probably sell it if someone wanted it.... if not I'll eventually get around to working on it.