Thread: Our New Boss!
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 09:24 PM   #49

I'm not saying to forget about the slavery issue...just for Ophra to give it a rest! I used to watch her show when she was a bit more sensible(yep, I watched... :oops: ) I found that after she got super rich and found the power of that, she started pushing the race card to put it politely. I found it very upsetting that she would stoop to this....and even pushed her past issues to the forefront..... I would not say we need to froget what happened but please...don't keep reminding us of it every day or week....we all know..we're not stupid or have our heads buried in the sand hoping it will go away......we just don't see the need for it to be dragged up all the time. I feel it results in the exact opposite reaction to what she is trying to achieve. I personally don't like her now for that very reason and I'm sure I don't stand alone. A sad comment really for her to have made of her concidering how far she has come.
I know it's a bad thing to say ..but i feel that the race card hasn't been put away and will be raised again and again while she has Obama's ear....it will put a bad stain on his abilty to be a unbiased leader in many people's eyes, I fear. I hope i'm wrong on this but ...?
The worst thing is...I hope he isn't the next JFK and is allowed to make his mark now he is president, if he gets sworn in that is.
He sounds like a very well spoken and educated person who will do a fine job in getting your country back on it's feet..At least when he speaks you can see he is thinking of the next few sentences in his head before they leave his lips!!! Not like the present Pres!!