View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 11:07 PM   #5

Send a message via MSN to china_parts_canada
Re: Gas shut-off leaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by winwun
On my GY-3, ever since I went to av gas, I have noticed a leak at the shut-off valve.

Not a great deal, but over 24 hours, it will leak enough to run down to the bottom of the crankcase, but not enough to drip off.

It is easily noticeable with the blue color in the av gas I use, and I have checked all the screws close to the valve, and they are all tight.

I do not use the cut-off valve, as I have never had a problem with the carb overflowing.

Has anyone else had this problem -- any suggestions/ideas ?

Like a small plumbing leak, if I leave it alone, will it eventually seal itself ?
Sounds a little aggressive to me using AV gas in your bike. China recommends a premium grade gas in all of the Honda look-a-like engines and if I were you I think I might stick with that.

The shut off may very well be leaking and depending who manufactured that part you either need to replace it, if it is indeed the problem. Or if it has small screws instead of rivets on the face of it you can likely just get a new o-ring and put it in.

Since it is a new bike I would bet dollars to donuts it is the in-line fuel filter though. I have had many of those plastic filters start to leak on new bikes. They must be using a poor quality glue or are just not putting enough on them so that they do seal.

If you need a new shut off or a filter I have them both in stock but hopefully where you bought your bike they should fix that problem up for you.

Cheers,

Art