View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 06:36 PM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to RPM
This has a lot to do with what type of ATV you are after. Sport or Utility?
Automatic, being your wife will be sharing?

Redcat has a great full size DPX-150 with true CVT automatic transmission with reverse and front/rear racks that does a great job if you are looking for something to do the job with the least amount of money. There is also the DPX-250 which is water cooled, drive shaft and a lot heavier unit. I am 250lbs. and they both do a great job with me.

Mountaineer is another impressive choice. I haven't heard of any complaints from these at all. Trying my best to become a dealer for their stuff myself.

If you are looking for something to last, stick with the names that Bruce mentioned. From experience, I can say parts are not as much an issue as the Roketa usually has. There are tons of new stuff about to hit the market in the ATV industry, judging from the stuff that was at the Expo. Be carefull and make sure that there is a parts chain attched to the unit you decide on.

Bruce and I have done a lot of research on this subject, so if you want, I am sure Bruce or myself will be happy to give a straight and honest opinion of the models that you are looking at.