View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 04:43 PM   #15

az4, I have had to call Hooper a couple of times for help when I perceived a problem with my machine, and both times he quickly talked me through the problem.

Both times were when the instruction book was at odds with the way the machine was built, the chinese seeming to think an accurate instruction book is unnecessary.

I am learning that, to get along with chinese stuff, one needs to "think outside (WAY outside) the box" when trying to interpret their manuals and mind-set.

Should it become necessary to gets parts/labor, I have no idea how that will play out, but so far, I have noticed that the Trailrider is a pure clone of the old Honda machines, and I have a bunch of parts and part bikes dating way back.

FWIW, I ride a 650 Rincon, and have experienced some pretty significant problems, even with the reputation Honda has in this country, so as with autos, TVs, mowers, and practically every consumable item anymore, my west coast Lifan is probably no more of a crap shoot than a lot of things.

Luke, 11: 21