View Single Post
Old 05-20-2024, 12:38 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Sounds about right from a guy coming from a cruiser bike, or touring bike.
For me, (I have a cbr300r, and I'm 6'4" tall), the handlebars of most sport bikes are about 7" (half a foot) too far down and away from me.

I agree with him, that start stops are extremely uncomfortable on a sports looking bike.
On the other hand, I've ridden a friend's 900cc cbr, and the seating position becomes really comfortable at speeds of over 60-70mph, where the wind kind of balances out that forward lean.

I've also had the same experience with my toes pointing down, I think it's a tall person's problem, which can be really dangerous when doing sharp turns. More than once, I've had my shoe scrape the asphalt in a turn (still have the scrape marks to prove it) and it's scary.

This is a problem most tourers and cruisers don't experience.

Likewise, most sports bikes will never experience hitting the exhaust pipes on the asphalt in a turn, unless you're using a large aftermarket exhaust, and tilt your bike at crazy angles.
heres the thing. The ninja 250 isn't really a sport bike in a lot of ways, it's more of standard with a sport bike appearance. The pegs are right under you. Sure, it could be problem if you are a really tall person...Looking at some pics that would make sense. The way this guy talks is he was laying flat out on the bike like it was an r6 or something. Its just not the way they are built. It just doesn't make any sense for the position of the pegs on a stock ninja 250.

I could see the handlebars being too low for someone though. That part made some sense to me though.

Never for a second thought the bikes were twitchy and not fun to ride in traffic though.
2002 Yamaha R6 *sold*
Vader 125cc *sold after owning for many years*
1997 Jeep Wrangler *sold due to frame rot*