View Single Post
Old 05-12-2024, 06:46 PM   #23

Finally made the switch to the Amazon PZ27.
I refrained from doing, just to see if I could reuse as many of the stock parts as possible, but because of a rich running 40 pilot jet, I wasn't able to continue that route.

I probably misread the Amazon PZ27 idle jet last time, because it clearly states it's a 35.

I'm currently running with the Amazon PZ27, 35 jet (included), and had to increase the 95 main jet to a 110.

Currently, the bike rides phenomenal with a slight tail wind, but with a headwind I need to shift to 4th gear, where it generally runs at between 6.5-7.5k rpm peak at ~50-60mph gps. 65 if I tuck, which is the same speed as in 5th with a tail wind doing 6-7k rpm.

It works a lot better, but I'm going to take off the pz once more, to install a 112 main jet if I have it.
If not (and the kit only has a 115), I'll leave it running slightly lean.
The summer is coming up, and that means less dense air, which a lean running bike will benefit from.

My overall suggestions have changed though.
If you own a condor or Vader 150, and you want better top speed,
You have to get an open exhaust, remove the stock airbox, swap the carburetor with a pz27 (set main jet to 110-115), get a pod air intake, and install following sprocket setup:

- 17/29t (no drilling or grinding required).
- 18/31T minor grinding needed on the sprocket cover
- 19T (with OEM 34t sprocket; some grinding necessary on both sprocket cover and engine case).

If your bike is well tuned, you could run an 18/29, or 19/33 or 32t on the rear for max top speed. A 19/30 or 19/29 isn't ideal, as it only reaches top speed with a tailwind or if you're drafting behind a vehicle.
It's ok for better mpg though.

Aside from that, I grind down the handlebar stop blocks, by 2 to 3 mm.
It's a small detail that took me a while to do, but it allows me to better turn the bike in tight spaces, even though it only resulted in 2 to 5 degrees of extra steering angle both ways.

I also needed to grind down a bit of metal from the motor mount, to fit the aftermarket exhaust