View Single Post
Old 04-21-2024, 08:29 PM   #1

Reviving a 2009 Q Link XP 200

So I've had the bike in a relative's barn for a few years and now I'm going to give a friend of the family a deal on it after he passes his MSF Course and gets his cycle endorsement.

When I bought it back in 2017 I changed the oil filter and air filter, replaced a tube and added a rim lock the the rear, and put on handguards, and rode it for a couple years before storing it and life happening to me.

I need some help with a few things to get it straight for him.

If I remember right, it takes the same oil and air filter as the Suzuki DRZ 125, right? KN-131, HF-131, etc., the shorter one, right? Well, I couldn't find this oil filter on RMATV.

Air filter is identical to the one used in the DRZ 125, right?

The kickstart is missing a piece of metal that makes it hard to kick, so it either needs to be welded, or replaced. I read the engine is mostly based on the Suzuki GN125 and I found a kickstart for that bike on Ebay for a good deal. Any idea if it will fit on the bike? Here's a link to the Ebay kickstart lever:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19581198600...iABEgLDOvD_BwE

Also, I have a set of Tusk Dual Sport Tires for my CRF250L, and I was hoping they would fit on the XP 200; they are both 21/18 setups but I think the Q Link rim is smaller; any thoughts on this?

Ready to order a new set of tires if necessary, maybe long lasting Shinko 705s if available in the right sizes.

Any other advice? Thanks!