View Single Post
Old 04-20-2024, 07:04 PM   #3928

It's absolutely crazy to me that pretty much everyone I've spoken to over the age of about 50-ish has a British Leyland story to tell, MG, Triumph, Austin, Mini, you name it. I really hate that old cars are such a rarity these days. Modern cars are so much more complex and computer-controlled, the average Joe can't repair them anymore. Like Bikenut mentioned, $400 would cover a lot of repairs, and then the car would go out and cover 400 miles happily. So far, for BOTH of the MG's, I've spent less than $1,000. Most of the cost was eaten up with the carb rebuild kit and a new fuel tank for the Midget. I bought the Midget as a non-running project, and within about 30 minutes of tinkering, I had it running. It just doesn't get any simpler than that. No computer, no "Scanning" the data port, no fancy tools or equipment. I really hate to see what the state of modern motoring has become.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up