View Single Post
Old 04-09-2024, 08:31 PM   #15

About 95% finished with this. I located one countersink...poorly. And forgot one completely, even though I laid it out and center punched it. Getting old is not for wimps. it is back together just for grins. It will come back apart shortly. I finished degreasing everything that rides on the shaft and found that the bearings are good as are the outer races. The high speed drive pulley, though, needs some love. I need to open the bore to 7/8" and press in a 3/4" ID bushing to take out the slop. Maybe Friday.

In ankle news, it's all good. Per the bone doc, the fibula has healed perfectly. I can now start to put weight on it again. So, I've been spending some time using both feet with the crutches. Doing that, I've managed to get myself into, and out of, the pickup with no help. Same with the Jeep, but I'm not quite ready for the clutch. That's a bit hurty.

Per the doc, with PT, I should be out of the freakin' boot and in a matching pair of shoes in another 4 or 5 weeks.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Last edited by cheesy; 04-09-2024 at 10:03 PM.