View Single Post
Old 04-03-2024, 10:57 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Y'all discount the forks way too quickly. I will take a set of spaghetti thin KYB forks over the chinese inverted forks every single day of the week.

Not to mention, the flex that the thin standard forks provide isn't actually a bad thing, especially on rough surfaces.
I much favor my Hawk on gravel, and rougher roads over my KPX, but I think a lot of it is because of my weight, and the fact that I have not attempted to add any extra preload to my front forks. I know that the Hawk has weaker suspension, and rims, but aside from the abuse of my weight, I don't really abuse either bike. My Hawk runs just about as good on open roads now, with the motor warmed up some, and the 17/46 sprockets. I catch myself feeling guilty for wearing it out on the faster, longer runs nowadays, , but I think I must be a creature of habit, and for some illogical reason like the Hawk more, I also liked it more than my TBR7, and it looked better, and was newer.. I will say that the KPX uses noticably less gas than the Hawk, and I need to start using it like I did before warming , and gearing the Hawk up, which was basically using the Hawk for more, but shorter, local, and back road rides, and using the KPX for longer, faster rides, like to other towns.