Thread: hawk update
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2024, 11:18 PM   #170

I think that you should be good to go with the tires.
I hated giving up my knobbies on my Hawk, but I did, in favor of a 50/50 type, and while the 50/50 tires evidently have more potential on twisty paved roads, I don't drive agressivly enough for it to matter a whole lot. The tires that are on my KPX, are fairly flat across the width of the tread compared to the ones I now have on my Hawk, which are more rounded across the width of the tread, and I catch myself leaning the bike in fast curves a lot further than with the knobbies. I am kinda hoping that as the center of the tread wears down some the tires will get a little flatter across the width of the tread. I ordered a cheap spoke wrench a good while back from Amazon, and it came with an assortment of interchangeable heads, but the only one that I have ever used is the 6mm. I think the wrench was probably around $5.00, or possibly a very little more, but I have since ordered two sets of these little mini wrenches from AliExpress, to carry on the bikes. They are around the same price as the spoke wrench, and include a little 6mm combination wrench, so that's probably the best buy, because you get several other wrenches.