Thread: hawk update
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2024, 04:43 PM   #169

Bought front tire (cheap Kenda), rear rim from hawk250parts and 2 tubes. My friend gave me a slightly used Pirelli M16. It looks better than what came stock.

It ain't exactly what I had in mind, but it'll do the job for now, keep me cruisin' 'til I can scrape together enough for a smoother, more road-friendly tire for the back, one that matches up with what I got on the front. Speaking of, here's the one I went with for the front:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/33519706131...3Avlp_homepage

The reason I went ahead and ordered them is that when I put the bike up on the lift, I found yet another broken spoke, and so the prophecies of Hawk Gurus on this glorious website were once again proven. The cheapest local place I can find to mount them is $40 off the bike.

I still cannot believe I had those mirrors on backwards. I almost wonder if someone switched them on me, but no, I looked back at my pictures and I really was that clueless. Oh well, live and learn.

I don't really trust that M16 for the pavement, but I figure it has to be at least as good as the cheap knobby that came on the back of the bike. I intend to only run it for about a month, unless I discover I like it.

I am glad riding season is approaching. It might not be much, but this Hawk helps keep my brain level. I know some of you know what I am talking about. The focus required to ride is good for those of us with ADHD or whatever you want to call it.

Anyway, barring major psychological problems, I will post pictures soon of the new tires. Take care, fellas.

Last edited by Zapkin; 04-01-2024 at 06:59 PM.