Thread: hawk update
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2024, 06:11 PM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapkin View Post
I will be okay until I get the new rim. I did some research, I am not riding it offroad, I am missing only one spoke and I made sure the rest are not loose. I cannot find a single incident of a rim with one missing spoke just collapsing. In fact, if the design was so fragile that one lost spoke would be catastrophic, well, I doubt they'd be using spokes in the first place.

that being said, pray for me. i am a procrastinator and i have misplaced priorities. That rim is over 200 bucks plus I might as well get a new tube another 30 plus i might as well get a new tire too..another 70. Right now I can't afford to dump 300 at one time into the bike and since it is my only form of transportation (other than begging family) I will take the risk.
Why not get a new front tire and tube and save up for the wheel? I'm with you one spoke won't stop the show, just pull the bad spoke when you put the tire on so it doesn't flop around. And be a nut about spoke tension. I'm seeing wheel assemblies for $150, free shipping; front tire for $54 and tube for $13 on ebay. Good luck.