View Single Post
Old 03-03-2024, 01:14 PM   #9

Well , I went ahead,and put my front on a while ago. I just used the wide ones from Dollar Tree, that I picked up in town yesterday. I had a harder time using the zip ties on the rear, but on the front it was almost too easy. I only ordered one tube each for the front, and back, and I know myself good enough to know that,if I pinched a new tube, that I would install the old tube with my new tire, and then start regretting it, till I ordered another. I am glad to use $1.25 worth of zip ties as extra insurance against ruining a new tube. I do kinda regret these tires, because I am pretty sure my rear is a little lower profile. The only reason that I really care about a small difference is because my gearing was just right for my needs. I have more power on my motor now, after doing some internal mods, and it ran fast enough for me with 46/16 sprockets, and did climb the real long, and fast hills better, BUT , it can't top them all in 5th. Even though it's not logical, I went to 46/17 to actually make it a little better in those instances, because it was just enough to speed 4th gear up to 55 mph. Either way I'm going to run these till the need replaced.