Thread: Templar X 250
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2024, 03:01 PM   #1593

I seem to have missed some interesting ideas for being able to hold the choke open on the OEM stock carburetor while starting the bike.

From someone who starts his Templar X 250 at 4:30am even in 28F or lower temperatures I have never had an issue.

Here is my tool, cost me 5 cents if I am lucky:

I use this tool in combination with the nice red idle adjustment screw I got from aliexpress back when I first bought my Templar X 250

I turn the IDLE adjustment knob 360 degrees inwards to open up the idle. Then I fasten the rubber band around the choke lever - wrap the left mirror post - then the other end around the choke lever.... DONE! Just start the bike and as it warms up in the cold temperature I proceed to put on my motorcycle jacket, armor and helmet, and gloves. By the time my dressing routine is done the Templar X 250 engine is well warmed up with full choke and starting to slow down a bit and I then unwrap the rubber band, put my "choke tool" back in my motorcycle jacket pocket where it is always stored. Spend a bit of time easing out the choke to lean out the engine and let it get higher in temperature than on full choke and get used to leaner fuel mixture.

Then when its running on its own at choke off I turn back the red idle speed screw to 1,500 rpm. DONE.... go ride to work.

One time one of my many choke tools in my motorcycle jacket pocket finally snapped in half after extended use, I spent 1 second and no cents fixing it. I just tied the two ends together and the tool continued to function perfectly.
- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility