Thread: Templar X 250
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2024, 11:17 AM   #1590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutcracker View Post
2 year update on my original Templar X 250 5 Speed. Bike has been used 80% off road. Being my first China Bike before delivery figured I would only get 1 year out of it. But a few months in I Sold my Honda 230 netting enough to purchase 2 of these.

Never done MX just Enduro. I wanted something that I was fine with laying down hard then bending back/welding & repairing whatever broke. Not abusing the machine just using it like we all thrashed our Honda 80s at teenagers on Dad's dime.

Upgrades

42 Tooth Sprocket
New Roller Chain
Rejet Factory Carb
Spark Arrestor
Spark Plug
Hand Guards

From my house I rip in the bike redlining the engine on the highway to my trail destination. On the farm it's trail riding, steep hill climbs and mud. Holds a steady 200 to 220° oil temp. Starts and shifts no different from day one. Either I've gotten used to the buzzing non- counterbalanced engine or it's smoothed out some.

Bike Failures

Rear Shock (lost all resistance)
Battery
Rear Brake master Cylinder
Stripped Nut/Bolt rear seat
Throttle assembly (TEMU $10)
Cracked Plastic Dummy Radiator Shroud useless.

Lastly I did bend my Subframe. Crossing a Log. I became unbalanced and accidentally full throttle the bike went straight up then straight down on the subframe. It's a slight bend but I notice it.

I want more power. 300cc and 25 to 30 HP please Templar!!

What main jet and pilot jet are you running in that stock carb?