View Single Post
Old 02-12-2024, 09:08 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by krat View Post
You may know about welding but you seem to lack knowledge about heat, friction and the law.

Maybe I wasn't clear about the trailer. I was not intending to run it in completely stock form. When you can weld and do simple fabrication you can easily upgrade bearings. I was buying the trailer for the main structure. That does not mean I would nessisarily keep the bearings that came on it if they were shown to be a weak inappropriate. You can't expect me to build a custom hitch mount and keep the trailer unmodified if there were weak points. About the legality I don't think there is any specific law that says the trailer would be illegal to use. If you can find the specific law I would like to read it. Because you can piece together just about any trailer and use it on the road. They are so relaxed in my state you don't even need lights on it and they don't even need to be registered even or have plates!!

Also another thing I might not have been clear about was that this was not something I was going to use on a regular dialy basis. This was soothing to be used every once in a while.