View Single Post
Old 01-26-2024, 12:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Lehmann View Post
I have a 2022 Orion RXB250L FI Dual Sport that i've ridden a few times. I am retiring soon and could use some older riding buddies. It sits high and leads me to believe I should sell it and get a lower bike. Hope to meet a bunch of you!
That RXB is a nice setup. There are ways to lower the seat height a couple of inches. Measure the length of the doglegs in the linkage (center to center on the bolts). You can ask your dealership or vendor if they have a set of lowering links. Lowering links are common for all major brands. Surely someone must have an aftermarket set of links for the Orion RXB. Loosen the preload collar on the top of the rear shock for a quick fix, but you'll want to cinch it back up after you do these other things. You can also drill a new lower mounting position on the rear shock (about 3/4" higher on the mounting fork. This will drop it a couple of inches or so. And you can shimmy the fork tubes up by ~3/4 to 1" as well. If you add handlebar risers, you can go more than an inch there. You might think twice before selling it.

You've got fully adjustable suspension, an excellent stubby short shifter with folding tip, counterbalanced, 6speed, full 249cc engine, adjustable levers, and the FI too.
Really. You have a nice bike there. How is it running?

And welcome to the forum

Last edited by Thumper; 01-26-2024 at 09:36 PM.