View Single Post
Old 01-23-2024, 06:34 PM   #1187

Man, they just won't go away.

I don't mind helping out Seth and Jason with answers. They ask questions that no one else can handle. Seth called Thursday and it was an easy one but he called Old Weird Harold first. Harold fouled up big time. He took a simple problem and complicated it. Anyway, straightened out.

Yesterday, the new Harold called out of the blue. He's been there since May or June and hasn't said a word to me. He asked when the next time I was planning on being to Beaufort so he could take me to lunch for helping out Seth. I said, "Never ever again and you do know that I retired last month, right?" He didn't. Then he said that I should have introduced myself before I retired. I go, "You're the new guy, you should have introduced yourself to me." He hung up.

Harold texts me this morning if my email is still working. I text back that I'm still copied on emails to you. Oh good, I'm forwarding an email for you to look at. JHC, it's the same one I've provided the answer to a half dozen times since August.

As I can no longer be fired, I called Al and asked for a conference call with him, Eric, Harold, and the PA. I asked the PA to pull up the email chain in question and to read them aloud from the newest to the oldest. The second email he read was mine from a month ago with the answer he said he didn't have. I said to the others that the PA is your problem and you'll have to fix it. Then I hung up.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts