View Single Post
Old 01-21-2024, 03:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrider View Post
In the Hondas they function to add pressure to the forks and rear shock not to vent. If i remember right you usually ran about 5-6 psi in the forks and around 8-10 in the shock. Been years since i rode an Interceptor so I'm a lil fuzzy on the exact numbers. But in short they work more like air shocks on a car to aid with ride quality.
Fortunately my buddy provided a factory manual with the forks. I first noticed when I popped off the dust seal, parts were missing. Come to find out, someone had been in there before. The manual actually tells you to remove and discard the foam seal and washer.

My buddy told me that the air joint wasn't sealed to the forks and was just sitting these, so apparently psi wasn't an issue. LOL! Odd thing is, my buddy bought it from the original owner and supposedly, only had it serviced at his Honda dealer. Speaking of PSI, "0-6". He's picking up the forks today and will bring the air joint so I can fit the proper sized o-rings and get it working right. Even if he runs "0 psi", it should be sealed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg foam seal.jpg (40.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg air joint.jpg (29.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg psi.jpg (15.8 KB, 4 views)

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350