View Single Post
Old 01-14-2024, 12:18 PM   #19

I found another boot that miiiight fit. It comes in in about a week. I'll let you know if it fits. I spent HOURS looking for something that may fit. Really surprised there aren't any direct replacement made for the templar, considering it's a fairly popular bike outside of the US. Worst comes to come I'll just have to contact xpro and ask. Not sure how that's gonna go though, since I didn't buy the bike from them...

Oh and also the nibbi boot that didn't quite fit; people in the reviews were saying that they cut theirs to fit better. So I guess that's an option too?

I was considering making a Frankenstein boot out of a bunch of parts hose clamped together, but I'd rather get something as a one piece mold ya know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'hermiit View Post
Dammit...thanks for the heads up. I will keep looking and buy the next one. Chinese rubber never lasts very long, and this is something I will need to deal with sooner than later. I have the ability...I may just build one if forced, and utilize a section of straight hose for the carb connect.

In the meantime, you can smear some "Right Stuff" rtv sealant on the exterior of your boot to re-seal it temporarily.