View Single Post
Old 01-13-2024, 04:35 PM   #18

Exhibits A-D as to why I went with the Nibbi. And it ran fine out of the box, no need to "start over", whatever that meant. I made a total of 3 changes, all on the main, from 115 to 105, from how it came in the box.

No claim of extra horsepower, only claim is that it's a proper carb that is meant to be tuned. When you have to cut slots to get the bowl off, that's your first indication tuning a PZ30 will be a PITA. Have you even found the air mixture screw? lol

Exhibit A:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyR View Post
Out of my rather large collection of screwdrivers, there's only one long, lean, whippy, and slightly bent one that I can easily use to adjust my idle mixture. I make SURE I know where it is now because to start with I was struggling to use an extra stubby screwdriver which was annoying.

Exhibit B:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I ended up using a flathead screwdriver bit. I could turn it by hand, but it is tricky keeping track of turns. I marked one of the faces of the hex end, and the ambiguity vanished!

Attachment 30647

Exhibit C:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyR View Post
Eeesh. I tried using a bit too but the screw is just hard enough to turn to make that finger tip torture. Plus I don't have smallish hands/fingers which doesn't help.

Exhibit D:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
You can slip a piece of 1/4" or 3/16" rubber hose over that bit to use as a flexible extended handle.

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin