View Single Post
Old 01-10-2024, 11:51 PM   #8

I was running the stock PZ30 as it came and it did pretty good. The settings on that carb are: main 105, pilot 40 and the needle is non-adjustable, but set right in the middle when compared to a needle set that I bought.

I am currently running the Nibbi PE28FL and my settings on that are main 105 (I think), pilot 40 and needle in the middle. I have a rich bog if I snap the throttle past 1/4 and it will actually die if I hold it. I believe it's rich because I adjusted the needle to rich and it got worse. I will begin leaning the needle one notch at a time in an attempt to correct that bog and report my results.

Right now she fires up fine in freezing temps with choke and warms up pretty quick. I will have to give a little throttle to keep it running, I try to keep it around 2000 rpm. I do that for about 30 seconds, then kill the choke and let off the throttle and she idles until warm.

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin