View Single Post
Old 01-08-2024, 12:35 PM   #223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan250 View Post
Sorry if this is off topic but I’m in a bind… I bought my xpro titan 250 recently off fb marketplace but it only came with the led headlight, I got pulled over and ticketed for no lights and no speedometer/instrument cluster.
Has anyone else converted this model to be street legal? If so, please provide links to the gear and any info on installation. I can’t find any wiring diagrams, videos or anything on this bike.
I need it for my main form of transportation and have to have it modified with 3 weeks otherwise I’ll be stuck paying the tickets on top of making the upgrades. Thanks in advance.
*I’ll document the work as I do it and post so future ppl can reference.
Missouri law doesn't mention a speedometer, not required as far a I know. Check your laws and go to court if you can. Tell the judge that you are working on the remaining items needed in your State. You can show him receipts, and tell him you will bring back the State police inspection certificate when it is compete if he will delay his judgment. I'd be shocked if the judge isn't understanding! They want safe roads more than penalties.

There is an excellent quick reference table with a map showing which States apply to each requirements:
https://www.dirtlegal.com/blog/how-t...e-street-legal

But you should check your States requirements to show the judge! This article may not be perfect

I am going through this with the KTM smoker now, so I've been lookin' into it