View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 02:18 PM   #8

I got my Ky title in the mail this week. It took about a month.

I bought the bike in West Virginia and their rules were a little different so it took a little bit longer standing at th DMV. I had to have an "oficial" cost statement and they were being pretty picky over what they would accept. I had my bill of sale and recipt, but it wasnt good enough for them, but after a little talking they said they would accept it if it was notorized...so they faxed it to the dealer and he went and had it notorized for me and faxed it back to the DMV office while I stood there.

Another thing that could have turned ugly for me was the certificate of origin. In Wv it doesnt need to be notorized to get a title, but in Ky they told me that if there is a spot for a notorization then it has to be notorized...it had a spot. The lady at the desk told me that sometimes it slips through the cracks and the title comes through without it, but if not then I would have 30 days from the time they rejected it to get it back in the mail, take it to the dealer to have it notorized, and send it back or my registration would be cancelled and all reg and tax fees would be lost.

I was happy when the title came in the mail...i must have slipped though that crack

BTW, I bought from an official american dealer for anyone curious.